YES! And here’s why: buyer first impressions matter, so much so that a staged home is proven to sell faster and for more than homes that are not staged. Buyers should walk through your front door with excitement and comfortability, not surprise or disappointment.
In today’s competitive marketplace, having an edge (like a professionally staged home interior) on similar listings makes a difference, especially for online browsers and foreign investors. “Most buyers today shop for homes online, making a home’s web appeal just as important as its curb appeal,” says Jeremy Wacksman, Zillow’s chief marketing officer. “To sell a home fast you want to attract as many potential buyers to your listing as possible. Featuring high-quality, staged listing photos and videos are a great way to boost your home’s virtual appeal and help it stand out.”
According to the National Association of Realtors Research Group (2019 Profile of Home Staging), “when staging a home, 22% of sellers’ agents reported an increase of one percent to five percent of the dollar value offered by buyers,” and “17% of respondents stated that staging a home increased the dollar value of the home between six and 10 percent.” On the buyer’s side, “83% percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.”
Don’t have room in your budget to hire a professional staging company? That’s okay too! Check out our list of 5 Home Staging Tips you can do yourself to prep for a sale:
5 DIY Home Staging Tips
- De-personalize: It will be difficult for buyers to imagine themselves in the space with photos of you and your family around the room. We love you, Aunt Pam, but your portrait will have to be temporarily stored in a safe space for another day.
- De-clutter: Although you put your heart into making your house your home, not everyone has the same tastes as you. Get a head start on packing by boxing up seasonal items, decor, and items you won’t use over the next few months. This will help your spaces feel larger than they really are!
- Switch to white linens: updating your drapes, bedding/blankets and bathroom towels allow a space to feel fresh and appear more spacious. Nothing feels more like a clean slate than crisp, white fabrics!
- Set the Table: Welcome buyers into a dining area where they can envision having their meals, sharing holiday traditions, and hosting family and friends.
- Clean. Everything.: All countertop surfaces, baseboards, light fixtures, ceiling fans, windows, carpet, flooring, bathrooms, appliances. No buyer wants to walk through a dirty house.
Now that you have the advantage of knowing exactly how to appeal to your buyer audience, give us a call at 949-282-9381 to see how Jordan Bennett & Associates can help optimally prepare, stage, and sell your home! And be sure to check out our latest staged home here.